ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that each guest receives outstanding service by providing a friendly, welcoming and safe environment which includes greeting and acknowledging all guests (parent/guardian as well as children), maintaining outstanding standards, solid service knowledge and all other aspects of guest service
- Ensures all visitors are properly registered by a parent/guardian
- Maintains security by properly following check in/out guidelines with all Tot Spot visitors as well as all parents/guardians
- Actively engages in and supervises appropriate activities (i.e., coloring, playing games, working on craft projects, reading, etc.) with all children during their visit
- Actively participates in store events or related community functions that promote the Tot Spot
- Assists in decorating the Tot Spot area and planning simple craft projects to coordinate with holidays and/or in-store events
- Routinely cleans and sanitizes all toys and the Tot Spot per company defined standards
- Maintains up to date coloring sheets, activities, and toys
- Utilizes downtime to promote the Tot Spot through announcements, engaging with guests, distributing stickers or coloring sheets to children, etc.
- Creates new Tot Spot activities/events and communicate to other Tot Spot associates any changes in activities and policies/procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate in a manner that children understand
- Ability to deal tactfully with Tot Spot visitors in a variety of situations without the use of physical discipline
- Ability to read, count, and write accurately
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Successful completion of a background check
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and lift or push up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed in all weather conditions
The Tot Spot Clerk II is an hourly position that is full-time.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.