ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces the Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all Guest Services associates
- Maintains adequate staff levels by interviewing applicants and extending job offers
- Finalizes and approves weekly work schedule for Guest Services associates
- Writes and conducts performance reviews of Guest Services associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Guest Services associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all department associates
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example
- Ensures all department standards are being met on the Guest Services
- Oversees the Guest Services to ensure proper cash control, guest service and cashier production levels
- Responsible for scheduling employees to coincide with budget and labor projections and to make daily adjustments as necessary
- Supports and executes a Superior Customer Service program
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Guest Services Director, other Department Managers and associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on service counter and sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Develops Assistant Department Manager and/or Department Leads to prepare for advancement opportunities
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issue
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of leadership experience, at least 2 years in a manager role
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of technology and the use of a computer
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, trash compactor
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time
- Working conditions consist primarily of a temperature-controlled environment. The ability to work outside checking store property, in walk-in coolers or freezers for short periods of time is necessary
The Guest Services Manager is a full time salaried position. The typical shift to be worked will include weekends, weekdays, and holidays (time of shift is subject to change based on needs of each store). The Guest Services Manager is also required to work one night a week, and one late night per month.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.