ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet each guest and make them feel welcome
- Maintain a polite, positive and attentive attitude at all times
- Assist guests with any special requests or needs
- Mix and serve drinks
- Complete knowledge of proper recipes and mixing of all non/alcoholic beverages
- Insure proper age of all guests
- Accurately exchange money (cash and tabs)
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately into the Point of Sale system
- Be familiar with any banquet bar special instructions, such as money transaction or liquor selected, complimentary drinks, etc.
- Be familiar with price structure of all beverages
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Maintain portable bar so that it meets state and local sanitation codes, and appearance is clean and organized to the guests
- Wash and sterilize glassware
- Maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to a manager
- Understanding of all facility policies and practices as outlined in the associate handbook
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be of the age 18 or older, and hold a current bartenders license
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Team player, self-motivated
- Have working knowledge of beer, wine and liquor and common drink recipes
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a cash register
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Vision with or without the help of eye wear
- Sense of hearing or lip reading required due to the amount of customer interaction
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Frequent walking and standing for extended periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Able to reach hands and arms in any direction and kneel and stoop frequently
The Banquet Bartending position is an hourly position. The work schedule is mostly evenings, and weekends. Must be available to work Friday and Saturday.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 25 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.