ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recipe & Production control
- Recipes and production lists are explicitly followed
- Attention to dates and freshness of every product
- Proper shrink reporting and handling on outdated items
- Ensures high quality standards are met in all items produced
- Adherence to all Health Department guidelines and Festival sanitation practices
- Cleanliness of Baker prep areas
- All areas and surfaces must be cleaned and sanitized at all times
- Proper glove use with all associates
- Pans, dishes, and other tools are clean and organized
- Keep cooler, freezer, and dry storage areas clean and organized
- Must be food safe certified
- Watches over items on the sales floor
- Keeps an eye on service floor, deciding what potentially needs to be made to ensure proper coverage for the evening
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on and off the sales floor
- Takes and execute special orders and requests
- Addresses guest concerns with prep and kitchen made items, and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Follow all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: ovens, mixers, slicing and packaging machinery, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor and baler usage
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Stand in one spot for a long period of time, bend stoop, and kneel regularly (70% of time)
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis (50% of time)
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures (20% of time)
- Frequently near moving machinery (70% of time)
- Repetitive motion of hands and wrists
- The Bakery Bench Hand is an hourly position that may be part time or full time. The work schedule generally includes mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays, with the flexibility to work evenings or overnight as needed.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
Friendly associates and clean stores! Those are just two things we take great pride in every day at Festival Foods, but especially during this unprecedented time. As an essential business, we are deeply committed to supporting our communities while continuing to maintain a safe environment for all guests and associates.
keywords: #ind2020 retail food service grocery stocker associate customer service 3rd shift morning hiring immediately temporary front end cashier fast paced fast food restaurant