ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all sales/service clerks.
- Trains new sales/service clerks
- Assists in writing weekly work schedule for sales/service clerks
- Provides input on for performance reviews of sales/service clerks
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by sales/service clerks and advises department manager of incident
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all meat department associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met on the meat department sales floor
- Observes service case conditions and takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with department manager and other meat associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette.
- Assists sales/service clerks with packaging, labeling, filling, rotating, and removing product while leading by example.
- Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Required to maintain food safety logs.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Personality traits to include motivating, outgoing, and friendly
- Must be comfortable suggestive selling additional products or promotions to guests
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Frequently near moving machinery.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
The Meat Service Counter Manager is a full-time hourly position.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.