ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Meat Department Manager and effectively leads in the absence of the Department Manager.
- Reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all Meat associates.
- Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of the Meat Department operations, to include but not limited to: labor, expenses, accurate pricing, stock levels, merchandising, and guest service.
- Ensures thorough and consistent training for all new and current Meat Department associates.
- Develops, supports and guides associates through professional development.
- Assists Meat Manager with writing and conducting performance reviews.
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by all Meat associates and conducts the appropriate corrective action
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold.
- Communicates and works collaboratively with Store Director, Meat Directors and other Department Managers to maintain high standards and exceed guest expectations.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on and off the sales floor; addresses concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received.
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Assists Department Manager with timekeeping accuracy; communicates to HR any missing time, transferred hours and schedule issues.
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absence.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ of leadership experience (at least 1 years as manager) - retail or restaurant preferred.
- WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival to reimburse if associate obtains while employed)
- Ability to lead, couch and motivate others
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of technology and the use of a computer
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premise
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for a long period of time; walk the store; bend, stoop, and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full rand of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee to lift up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Working conditions consist of occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
- The Meat Assistant Department Manager is a full-time, hourly position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.