ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Bakery Department Manager and effectively leads the Bakery department in the absence of the Department Manager; as well as assists the Bakery Manager with important tasks
- Reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all evening Bakery associates
- Trains new Bakery clerks and cleaners that work in the evenings
- Provides feedback to Bakery Manager and Bakery Assistant Manager regarding evening Bakery associates’ performance.
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Bakery department associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Bakery department
- Observes sales floor, prep area, back room, cooler and freezer conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with department manager and other bakery associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Assists sales/service clerks with packaging, labeling, filling, rotating, and removing product while leading by example
- Maintain adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed.
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment.
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler.
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Stand in place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly (70% of the time)
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis (30% of the time)
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (20% of the time)
- The Bakery Evening Supervisoris a full time hourly position.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.