ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain Festival’s culture through leading by example and holding others accountable.
- Assists Store Director with all aspects of the store’s operation.
- Observe and enforce all store policies; when applicable suggest, submit or implement changes/additions to company policies to correct deficiencies.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and regulations while ensuring that all associates are appropriately trained and in full compliance at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring that all associates adhere to company procedures for checking ID requirements in all applicable transactions including sales of alcoholic beverages and tobacco laws.
- Provides effective and objective decisions regarding operational choices in work procedures.
- Assists with informing, training and motivating associates as well as implementing disciplinary actions when required to correct behavior that involves policy violations or actions that have an adverse effect on store operating performance.
- Assists with controlling associates’ schedules and controlling both labor and other overhead costs to ensure that operating expenses are within target.
- Responsible for ensuring that all invoice documents are recorded accurately on the applicable receiving log in each department, that all signed invoices are stored in the respective designated secured areas, and that all signed invoices are forwarded to the office according to company policy.
- Responsible for optimum freshness of merchandise and merchandising to achieve maximum sales and profits; to ensure proper rotation of all stock.
- Responsible for ensuring that all merchandise is properly priced in accordance with the Store’s Pricing Guide through regular shelf price audits, and ensuring that all key items are competitively priced by conducting periodic competitive shopping field trips.
- Ensures that all price changes are implemented in a timely manner in all phases of store operations, including updating the store’s Master Pricing Guide, point-of-sale storage devices including all computers and, where applicable, updates to shelf tags, signs and item price markings.
- Assists with inventory control levels to minimize over-stocks and under-stocks within the policy guidelines for the store to maximize sales, inventory turns and return-on-investment.
- Interface with manufacturers’ and sales representatives; evaluate vendor promotions in accordance with company policy to select and purchase those products that provide savings benefits with a goal of increasing sales, inventory turnover and customer traffic in the store.
- Adhere to company policy pertaining to excessive levels of cash in registers and monitor checkers to ensure that they request timely cash pickups in accordance with such policy.
- Enforce company policy pertaining to check acceptance procedures and ID Requirements.
- Implement and enforce receiving area policies and procedures to effectively protect company assets at all times.
- Enforce and implement procedures to ensure that all signed invoices are stored in a designated secured area.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five to seven years in a leadership role preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good organizational skills, with a full understanding of operation systems and bookkeeping procedures.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, bailer, forklift, cutter, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- Working conditions consist primarily of a temperature-controlled environment. The ability to work outside checking store property, in walk-in coolers or freezers for short periods of time is necessary.
- This job involves exposure to changing temperature and humidity (i.e. freezers, coolers and warehouse). Chemical cleaning agents, irritating or competing noises or other irritating substances, and working in areas with wet and slippery floors.
The Assistant Store Director is a full-time, salaried position. The most common shift to be worked will be 7am to 5pm including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.