What’s the GOLD Program?
The Festival Foods GOLD Program stands for Grocery Operations Leadership Development, and is an 8-month accelerated development plan for future leaders.
Upon successful completion of the program, GOLD participants will become department leaders for one of the following: Deli, Bakery, Meat, Front End, Produce, Frozen Food/Dairy, Grocery, or Wine & Spirits.
What you’ll learn:
The GOLD Program will provide the practical, hands-on experience needed to successfully lead and manage a department at Festival Foods. Each participant will complete a leadership curriculum as well as a technical curriculum to ensure they know their departments, and even more importantly, how to lead.
• Leadership Curriculum: Learn components of leadership; building a presence on the sales floor, conducting coaching and feedback conversations, and hiring procedures.
• Store and Department Standards: Review overall store organization and standards.
• Department Specifics: Participate in tasks for department so you’ll be able to lead from within.
• Ad Planning/Merchandising: Review display standards, ad schedules, ad production and communication plans.
• Financial Reporting: Prepare to speak to the data for your department and store (shrink, contribution to overhead, gross profit, labor, etc). Interpret financial results, know department financials and read weekly and monthly reports to celebrate success and recognize gaps.
• Schedules: Understand Festival’s Labor optimization tool, how to write schedules, manage projections & requests off.
• Great attitude and the ability to lead and inspire others
• 2-year or 4-year college degree
• Supervisor, team leader, or mentor level experience preferred
• Experience in retail, restaurant or grocery environment
• Proven conflict management skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with great interpersonal skills
• Flexible work schedule including holidays, some nights and weekends
• Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
• Ability to relocate; regionally or to any Festival Foods location throughout Wisconsin is preferred.
• Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, Life Insurance & Disability, etc.)
• 401(k) with Employer Match
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance Plan through Dollars for Students Program
Festival Foods serves guests in over 25 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.