ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, coaches, teaches and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Produce associates.
- Maintains adequate staff levels by interviewing applicants and extending job offers
- Trains new Produce associates
- Finalizes and approves weekly work schedule for Produce associates
- Writes and conducts performance reviews of Produce associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Produce associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Produce department associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Produce department.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Produce Director, other Department Managers and Produce associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all vendors
- Follows all proper ordering and credit procedures
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Develops Assistant Department Manager and/or Department Leads to prepare for advancement opportunities.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Required to maintain food safety logs.
- Verification and compliance of Department food safety logs.
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
5-7 years of leadership experience, at least 2 years in a manager role
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, cutter, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor.
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the employee to lift up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Working conditions consist of occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Produce Department Manager is a salaried position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.