ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct administrative support, including but not limited to:
- Assistance with maintaining schedule for appointments, reminders, store visits, department meetings, and travel
- Prioritize emails and respond when necessary
- Create communication pieces for events, reminders, or standard procedures
- Prepare materials for department meetings; attend meetings and record notes
- Research and gather data as necessary; generate and prepare reports
- Prepare and compile expense reports and manage travel arrangements.
- Maintain Center Store sample/storage room
- Participate in the front desk coverage rotation; answering incoming calls, mail room support, checking in and greeting visitors and vendors
- Provides information by answering guest and vendor questions and requests
- Assist with coordinating Department Manager meetings; scheduling, logistics, set-up, agendas, and related travel arrangement, meals and communications
- Provide special project and event coordination support to Senior Directors and Buyers as applicable
- Ensure seamless onboarding experience for new center store support office associates, including confirming scheduling, equipment and access
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Directly reports to the VP of Center Store Merchandising
- Daily contact with vendors and guests to provide information
- Frequent contact with support office partners to gain information, work on joint projects and utilize expertise
EDUCATION & EXPEREINCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Administrative or retail/store experience of 1-3 years is preferred.
- Knowledge and ability is required in the following:
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with all associates, guests and vendors
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Critical Thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify potential issues
- Knowledge of basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Time Management; ability to manage one’s own time effectively as well as the ability to manage time in order to meet required deadlines
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Frequent need to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time
- Bending, stretching, and occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs. is required
- Professional presence and proper phone etiquette is required
The Center Store and Merchandising Coordinator is an hourly full-time position.
Festival Foods serves guests 40 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries; we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.