Job Title: Senior System Engineer – Server/Storage
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: IT Infrastructure Director
The Senior Systems Engineer position oversees and participates in server and storage builds, configuration, and implementation. The position manages all aspects of the enterprise infrastructure related to servers and storage. Provides technical guidance, oversight, and acts as the point of escalation for the server infrastructure team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support, troubleshoot, update, and monitor server infrastructure and ensure availability and capacity of Windows/Linux server environment
- Maintain inter-site replication between storage components for redundancy and disaster recovery contingencies
- Manage vCenter infrastructure to add and remove servers, storage and network components
- Deploy, maintain and support VMWare storage-based system tools such as VMWare Site recovery Manager and Virtual Volumes
- Participates in the configuring, managing and deploying Windows Servers in a VMware environment.
- Performs complex storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations.
- Evaluate, analyze and recommend new technologies and vendor products relating to existing and future business requirements.
- Participate in identifying and applying patches and firmware upgrades related to storage, servers, system applications, virtual environment, and backups systems.
- Participates in documenting complex procedures and troubleshooting procedures related to systems/networks software and hardware.
- Understand current, organic growth, and new project requirements for capacity and performance planning to forecasting system needs
- Provide support and in-depth diagnosis for complex system and end user issues.
- Ensure stability of all services by monitoring for trends of issues and growth.
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments
- Interface with other technical staff regarding uptime of the infrastructure, life cycle of the hardware, technical considerations for planning and managing hardware replacements.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to other System Engineers.
- Provides technical leadership and advanced server administration and support for daily operations for on-premise systems
- Monitor end-user feedback in order to recommend future support and product enhancements.
- Participate in on-call rotation, ensuring proper resolution to escalated issues.
- Conducts research and evaluation of new enterprise technologies, processes, upgrades to platform infrastructure solutions and enhancements
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Business Administration, or a related field or equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks independently.
- Requires excellent project organization.
- Strong problem solving and general analytical skills.
- Strong understanding and enthusiasm for emerging technologies.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Certification related to server and storage enviroments a plus.
- 8+ years of experience as an Enterprise Server Engineer.
- Proven experience supporting a 24X7 operations.
- Experience Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Experience with containerization and automated deployment.
- Experience working in a medium-sized compute and storage organization - OS, VMware, SAN/Storage and Backup/Recovery Administration.
- Experience with cloud backup solutions including snapshots, backup software, and replication.
- Experience configuring disaster recovery failovers from site to site.
- Experience must include services design, operating system enterprise administration, performance management, use of systems management tools, capacity planning, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks.
- Experience in developing, monitoring and maintaining automated solutions.
- Understanding of operational best practices, configuration management, and security controls.
- Experience with log collection and monitoring solutions.
- Experience with scripting and/or automation tools.
- Experience with replication technologies such as Azure Site Recovery preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The Senior Systems Engineer is a full-time, salaried position. May be required to provide on call support (weekends and holidays), and occasional travel as needed.
- Sitting/Standing at a computer 80% of the time.
- Bending, stretching, and occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs. is required.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.