ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the Assistant Deli Manager-PM to learn day-to-day tasks and perform all duties in the absence of the Assistant Deli Manager.
- Leads, coaches, teaches, and reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all deli associates.
- Responsible for the thorough and consistent training and leadership of new Deli associates in partnership with the Deli Assistant Department Managers.
- Provides support and additional training to associates 30, 60, and 90 days post-hire to manage retention; partners with Deli leadership on couching or performance opportunities.
- Helps Deli Assistant Manager write and conduct performance reviews of deli associates
- Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of deli department operations, to include but not limited to: labor, expenses, accurate pricing, stock levels, merchandising, and guest service.
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on or off the sales floor
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- If special orders are taken during the evening shift for early in the morning, the night lead takes responsibility of starting the guests order
- Watches over the service case as well as the self-service cases
- Keeps an eye on both cases, determining quality control by filling those items seeming low
- Checks, straightens and fills self-service cases every hour
- Fill and stir all salads and wipe any spills
- Check over hot bar and salad bar every half hour after the manager leaves to ensure standards are met including staying open until required
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by sanitizing, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Maintain food safety logs
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% at 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understands being in a leadership role and how to motivate a team of individuals
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all associates
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and push carts of up to 200 pounds
- Full range of upper body motion
- Ability to stand for most of shift
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures including kitchens, coolers, freezers and sales floor
The Deli Night Lead is a full time, hourly position
The shift to be worked will vary, including evenings during weekdays, weekends, and holidays
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.