ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent guest service by locating and recommending food court Caribou coffee, pizza or popcorn
- Collects and fulfills guests orders or special requests
- Oversees food court area by maintaining high quality sanitary conditions and stock levels of condiments, utensils, napkins, containers, and additional supplies
- Collects temperatures of food and maintains all necessary food safety logs
- Ensures that the process of shrinking items is completed following department procedure
- Maintains accurate pricing and signage of food court products
- Ensures clean prep areas by a detailed wipe-down before the food is arranged
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including but not limited to, quantity and quality expectations for daily operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises.
- Must have knowledge of or possess the ability to receive proper training in the following equipment/procedures:
- Proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, dishwasher, oven, fryer, wok, hot bar and baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Must be willing to be cross-trained in other areas of the café
- Must be self-motivated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to handle working at fast speeds
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Full range of upper body motion
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Food COurt Clerk position is a part-time or full-time hourly position
- The shift may include weekdays, weekends, and holidays
Festival Foods serves guests in 40 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.