ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enthusiastically leads, supports, teaches, and reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all Grocery associates.
- Collaborates with the Grocery Department Manager on maintaining adequate staffing levels; assists with interviewing and extending job offers.
- Ensures thorough and consistent training for all new and current Grocery Department associates.
- Assists with weekly work schedule approvals for department associates.
- Collaborates with all Grocery Department leaders on the writing and delivering of associate performance reviews.
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures and collaborates with Human Resources Manager and Grocery Department Manager to conduct appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination.
- Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively assisting with all aspects of the Grocery Department operations, to include but not limited to: labor, expenses, accurate pricing, stock levels, merchandising, and guest service.
- Implements and maintains new store or department standards and policies.
- Partners with leadership to conduct “Huddle Ups” for all Grocery associates to communicate department or company news, changes and wins.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold.
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Grocery Department Manager, Store Director, Grocery Director, Grocery Sr. Director and other Department Managers to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations.
- Fulfills special orders, or delegates to appropriate associate for task execution.
- Ensures correct signage is represented throughout the department.
- Provides exceptional guest service and lives Boomerang Principal while leading by example.
- Assists guest with finding items they are looking for on service counter and sales floor.
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received.
- Assists all Grocery Department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of leadership experience (manager or lead) - retail or restaurant preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, knowledge of non-perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and associates.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a diverse crew in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning techniques, hand truck, trash compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in order to lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the associate to lift up 50-60 pounds on an occasional basis.
The Grocery Assistant Department Manager is a full-time, hourly position. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.