ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reinforces Festival culture, exceptional guest service and performance expectations to all Guest Service associates.
- Oversees all Guest Service associates (Service Desk, Cashiers, Baggers and Cart Runners).
- Utilizes leadership tools (ten tile evaluations, Coach’s Reminder Card, Cashier Daily, Cashier Reference Information Binders, Guest Service OPPS Manual, etc.) through leadership opportunities.
- Oversees Guest Service activity to ensure a positive guest experience and team environment.
- Communicates department priorities to Guest Service team and delegates responsibilities
- Leads by example to ensure Guest Service operating procedures are known and adhered to, including but not limited to associate dress code, DYFET, CHANT, BOB, ten-tiling, proper bagging techniques, parcel pickup, You Bag/We Bag expectations, etc.
- Ensures Guest Service cleanliness, maintenance, and sanitation.
- Directs guests into lanes, monitors BOB, unloads carts, answers questions, respond to lights, and completes overrides as needed.
- Presents themselves as a manager, takes ownership of guest needs utilizing LAST.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times while projecting a cooperative and helpful attitude using discretion and tact.
- Determines where Guest Service staff is needed throughout the day and directs them to that location to maintain efficient Guest Service operations.
- Ensures proper staff levels by calling in additional staff to cover call-ins or additional business.
- Strictly enforces child labor laws relieving minor employees enabling them to clock out for breaks, lunches and at and the end of their shift as per labor law guidelines.
- Adjusts daily schedule to actual sales, items and guest projections to maintain 100% productivity.
- Communicates immediately with Shift Managers when assistance is required and when the CSR is on a lane.
- Opens additional lanes to accommodate business and guest traffic. CSRs will keep a cash drawer available for their own use at all times.
- Communicates tardiness and absences through effective use of CSR Shift Report.
- Holds associates accountable for non-compliance with Guest Service and store policies.
- Monitors cart levels and efficient cart running to ensure availability of all carts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Minimum availability must include 24 hours a week with a minimum of 6 hours per day during available days.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including an effective negotiation style.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple and constantly changing priorities.
- Strong teamwork skills with the desire to train and educate others within the organization.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
The Guest Service Rep is an hourly position that is part-time. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.