ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tops, finishes, and decorates prepared bakery products such as bars, pies, cookies, doughnuts, cupcakes, cakes, etc.
- Increases sales by creating visually appealing products
- Exceeds guest expectations by providing beautiful, creative, and uniquely decorated special orders that follow the guests’ specific requests
- Reduces shrink through minimizing mistakes and using the appropriate quantity of icing and other supplies
- Fills, rotates, and removes decorated products from the sales floor and service case
- Identifies which products are at an unacceptable stock level and replenishes them with available supply
- Plans production tasks to ensure an adequate supply of back stock is available to fill the sales floor and service case as products are sold
- Maintains freshness by filling newer products to the back/bottom of the display and ensuring that closer dated products are sold first, as well as removing products that are outdated, stale, or otherwise unacceptable to make available for sale
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Works with guests to create a vision of the product they are looking for
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Maintains adequate level of supplies in the cake decorating area by replenishing packaging, icing, decorative accents, and other items as needed
- Contributes to overall department goals and objectives by assisting other areas of the department as available and requested
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Assist Cake Decorator II when needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time (80% of time)
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis (30% of time)
- Frequently near moving machinery (60% of time)
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures (20% of time)
- Repetitive motion of hands and wrists (90% of time)
The Cake Decorator I is an hourly position. The work schedule will generally include mornings, afternoons, and weekends, with the flexibility to work evenings and holidays as needed.
Festival Foods serves guests in 40 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.