ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Third Shift associates.
- Trains new Third Shift Grocery associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Third Shift associates and conducts progressive disciplinary actions with third shift grocery associates
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Third Shift associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Grocery department.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Grocery Department Manager and Third Shift associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Oversees all sanitation within Third Shift department
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for throughout the store
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and associates.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter safety.
- Ability to use the following equipment: forklift, harness, power jack, walk behind lift, WAV, baler, compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in order to lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the associate to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
The Grocery Assistant 3rd Shift Supervisor is an hourly position that is full time. The work schedule is overnight shifts which may vary occasionally, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in 40 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.