ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assists in ensuring all department standards are being met in the Fresh Cut department
Observes sales floor and cooler conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
Oversees all sanitation within Fresh Cut department
Provides customer service to guests.
Assists guests with finding items they are looking for throughout the store
Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
Required to maintain food safety logs
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and associates.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter safety.
- Ability to use the following equipment: power jack, walk behind lift, WAV, baler, compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; work in a cooler, walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in order to lift product. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the associate to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
The Fresh Cut Clerk II is an hourly position that may be part-time or full-time.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 25 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company