ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Case Presentations/Meat Cutting/Production/Training
- Responsible for traveling to multiple stores to ensure department standards are achieved by cutting meat, working service counter, filling processed or frozen meat/seafood and training meat department associates.
- While in an assigned store, assists Meat Manager to achieve business metric goals. Additional responsibilities may include product ordering, merchandising, productivity and maintaining control of shrink to meet company goals.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 4PM. This will include the need to assist in filling of all cases as needed. (Service/self-service fresh, frozen and processed cases).
- Contributes to overall department goals and objectives by assisting other areas of the department as available and requested.
- Responsible for all non-case ready meat production including cutting, trimming, grinding, wrapping, marinating, sausage making, etc.
- Increases sales by being fussy about the details ensuring visually appealing products.
- Reduces shrink by following production planning tools/cutting lists, recipes, following accurate trim standards, not pre-trimming primals, and minimizing waste.
- Maintains an adequate level of supplies in the Meat department by replenishing items as needed.
- Collaborating daily with the Meat Manager and Assistant Meat Manager on proper par levels for fresh meat cuts/grinds including fresh meat backstock in freezers and coolers.
- Assist in the writing/placing of meat orders and meat supplies.
- Assists in training of our Utility team members including grinding, cutting product for the service counter, cutting special orders, wrapping, properly labeling and filling product.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by performing daily department sanitation, picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Required to maintain food safety and grind logs.
- Complete periodic cutting yield tests with meat manager and assistant manager.
- Verify meat deliveries for accuracy.
- Inspect displayed products for close or expired dates and remove when necessary. Maintain markdown policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Provides customer service to guests including assisting Guests at the service counter
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for, answers questions regarding types, cuts, and suggested preparation of meats.
- Takes special orders and other special requests and completes them in a timely manner.
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival to reimburse if associate obtains while employed)
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate others
- Ensures thorough and consistent training for all new and current Meat Department associates
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all associates
- Communicates and works collaboratively with Store Director, Meat Director, Training and Execution Specialists and other Department Managers to maintain high standards and exceed guest expectations
- Knowledge of technology and the use of a computer
- Ability to read, write, and perform simple math problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Ability to process all varieties of meat while operating tools safely
- Thorough understanding of types, cuts, and preparation methods of meats
- Requires proper training and knowledge of certain equipment and procedures needed to complete the job
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions and solve problems
- Understanding of, or ability to quickly learn applicable local, state, and federal regulations, food handling and sanitation requirements
- Qualified applicants must be over the age of 18
- Must have minimum of 12 months previous experience cutting meat including using knives and power equipment, such as slicers, grinders, cubing machine and power saw preferred
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Must be dependable and flexible
- Reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all Meat associates
- Stand in one place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Lifting 50 to 80 pounds on an occasional basis
- Repetitive arm and hand movements, eye-hand coordination, substantial hand strength, and standing in place for long periods of time
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures. Market Area Meat Cutter/Trainer perform their duties primarily in the cutting room, where the temperature ranges from 40 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit at all times
- Ability to travel to multiple locations
- The Meat Cutter- Floater is an hourly position that is a full-time work schedule
- The work schedule will greatly include mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays, with the flexibility to work evenings or overnight as needed
- Be able to travel up to 50 miles from home store