ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Front End Manager and effectively leads the front end in the absence of the Front End Manager; as well as assists the Front End Manager with important tasks
- Assists with check-ins, training checklists, interviewing, front end department meetings, labor management and associate accountability
- Reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Front End associates
- Develops key associates to take the next step in the company
- Utilizes available coaching and evaluation tools
- Conducts bagger training
- Directly oversees Front End activity to ensure a positive guest experience and team environment
- Communicates department priorities to Front End team and delegates responsibilities
- Manages communication through emails, one to one meetings, department meetings, etc.
- Ensures Front End operating procedures are known and followed
- Ensures Front End cleanliness, maintenance, and sanitation
- Develops and implements weekly/daily work plan for the Front End
- Uses labor tools to write a schedule that will meet the needs of our guests while maximizing productivity to achieve the correct labor budget
- Manages front end staff levels throughout the day to coincide with actual item and guest counts
- Weekly Accuracy- assists in the completion of, posting, follow up with Bookkeeping/Loss Prevention and associates including any disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- One to three years previous leadership experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. High School education required
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including an effective negotiation style
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple and constantly changing priorities
- Strong teamwork skills with the desire to train and educate others within the organization
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Stand in one place for long periods of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion and perform repetitive tasks
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- Ability to work varied hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
The Front End Assistant Manager is a full-time hourly position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 25 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.