ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check vendor partners in and out.
- Maintain back room standards.
- Enforce and implement our receiving and back door security policies
- Ensure that all loss prevention policies and procedures are in effect at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining all safety programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be mature, meticulous, self-driven, able to work well independently and comfortable using computers
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with vendors and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, bailer, forklift, cutter, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- Working conditions consist primarily of a temperature-controlled environment.
- This job involves exposure to changing temperature and humidity (i.e. freezers, coolers and warehouse). Chemical cleaning agents, irritating or competing noises or other irritating substances, and working in areas with wet and slippery floors.
The Lead Receiver is an hourly position. The work schedule generally includes early morning shifts including Saturdays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.