ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Frozen/Dairy Department Manager and effectively leads the Frozen/Dairy Department in the absence of the Department Manager
- Reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all Frozen/Dairy associates
- Trains new Frozen/Dairy associates, and re-train and coaches as necessary
- Assists in writing and conducting performance reviews of Frozen/Dairy associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Frozen/Dairy associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Frozen/Dairy department associates
- Has a strong desire to grow his/her leadership skills and actively pursues ways to become a better servant leader
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Frozen/Dairy department
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Frozen/Dairy Manager, other department managers and Frozen/Dairy associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and associates
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter safety
- Ability to use the following equipment: forklift, harness, power jack, walk behind lift, WAV, baler, compactor
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Frequent exposure to extreme temperatures
The Frozen/Dairy Assistant Department Manager is a full-time hourly position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.