ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads, coaches, teaches, and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Meat associates
- Maintains adequate staff levels by interviewing applicants and extending job offers
- Ensures team gets proper training
- Finalizes and approves weekly work schedule for Meat associates
- Writes and conducts performance reviews of Meat associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Meat associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all meat associates
- Implements new standards and store policies
- Conducts “Huddle Ups” for all Meat employees stating new policies or things needed to be worked on
- Prepares coaching sessions, performance reviews, event notes, training checklists, and store sales
- Checks emails three times daily, looking for important items
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Meat department
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Meat Director, other Department Managers and Meat Associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Oversees all aspects of the Meat department and that they are running smoothly
- Fulfill special orders, or delegate and employee to execute them
- Ensures correct signage is represented throughout the department
- Makes sure entire department is faced and full at all times, containing no holes
- Ensures cleanliness of entire Meat department
- Provides customer service to guests
- Assists guest with finding items they are looking for on service counter and sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Assists all Meat department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Develops Assistant Manager and/or Department Leads to prepare for advancement opportunities and maintain standards of the department.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Required to maintain food safety logs and verification and compliance of Department food safety logs.
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of leadership experience, at least 2 years in a manager role
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning techniques, hand truck, trash compactor
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for a long period of time; walk the store; bend, stoop, and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee have the ability to have full rand of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee to lift up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Working conditions consist of occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Meat Department Manager is a full-time salaried position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.