ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Bakery Department Manager and effectively leads the Bakery department in the absence of the Department Manager; as well as assists the Bakery Manager with important tasks
- Reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all evening Bakery associates
- Trains new Bakery clerks and cleaners that work in the evenings
- Provides feedback to Bakery Manager and Bakery Assistant Manager regarding evening Bakery associates’ performance.
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Bakery department associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Bakery department
- Observes sales floor, prep area, back room, cooler and freezer conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with department manager and other bakery associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Assists sales/service clerks with packaging, labeling, filling, rotating, and removing product while leading by example
- Maintain adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed.
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment.
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler.
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Stand in place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly (70% of the time)
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis (30% of the time)
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures (20% of the time)
- The Bakery Evening Supervisoris a full time hourly position.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.