ESSENTIAL DUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Produce Department Manager and effectively leads the Produce Department in the absence of the Department Manager.
Reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Produce associates
Trains new Produce associates, and re-trains as necessary
Writes and conducts performance reviews of Produce associates
Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Produce associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
Answers questions and provides guidance to all Produce department associates
Ensures all department standards are being met in the Produce department.
Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Produce Manager, other Department Managers and Produce associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
Provides customer service to guests.
Assist guests with finding items
Takes orders and other special requests
Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
Required to maintain food safety logs.
Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues.
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understands being in a leadership role and how to motivate a team of individuals
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of technology and the use of a computer
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, cutter, proper lifting techniques, proper scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor.
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Produce Assistant Department Manager is a full-time hourly position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned