ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for
- Take orders or special requests for the hot bar
- Quality Control
- Ensures hot bar is ready for guests at 10am
- Condenses or refills as needed
- Fills everything when needed
- Cleans off counter often
- Takes temperatures of food
- When filling, making sure to keep everything fresh and rotated
- Ensures that shrinking of items is done properly
- Labels items clearly for guests
- Garnishes hot bar, making everything looking presentable
- Does all prep for hot bar
- Fried chicken, wedges, french-fries, etc.
- Boils soups
- Puts together items for night shift hot bar to use as well as the next day
- Entire case must be kept clean and organized
- Wipes down hot bar and soups on a frequent basis
- Communicates with night shift hot bar
- Conveys to night time hot bar instructions on how to cook the food, which items need to be saved, and which items need to be shrunk
- Required to maintain food safety logs.
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Knowledge of perishable food
- Requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, dishwasher, baler, oven, trash compactor, fryer, hot bar, soup holders, stove top, cook and hold, blaster, chiller etc.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Must be self-motivated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to handle working at fast speeds
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Deli Hot Bar position is a part time hourly position
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.