ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Produce Department Manager and effectively leads the Produce Department in the absence of the Department Manager.
- Reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Produce associates.
Assists in training new Produce associates, and re-trains as necessary
Answers questions and provides guidance to all Produce department associates
Ensures all department standards are being met in the Produce department.
Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
Maintains appropriate stock levels and ensures accurate pricing on products sold
Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Produce Manager/Assistant Manager, other Department Managers and Produce associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
Provides customer service to guests.
Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
Takes orders and other special requests
Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
Required to maintain food safety logs.
Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Produce Evening Supervisor is a full-time hourly position.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud