ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all sales/service clerks’
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Bakery department associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met on the Bakery department sales floor
- Observes sales floor conditions and takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Department Manager and other Bakery associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Ensure everything is fresh and full
- May need to build and/or move displays
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Assists Bakery Clerks with packaging, labeling, filling, rotating, and removing product while leading by example
- Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment.
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Standing for extended periods of time (70% of the time)
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis (10% of the time)
- Frequently near moving machinery (60% of the time)
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures (20% of the time)
- Prolonged exposure to computer monitors (40% of the time)
- The Bakery Lead Merchandiser is a full-time hourly position. The work schedule will generally include mornings, afternoons, and weekends, with the flexibility to work evenings and holidays as needed.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.