- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Maintaining Inventory levels and proper stock levels
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Ensures accurate pricing by placing the corresponding price and ingredient labels on each package
- Fills, rotates, and removes products from the sales floor.
- Identifies which products are at an unacceptable stock level and replenishes them with available supply
- Maintains freshness by filling newer products to the back/bottom of the display and ensuring that closer dated products are sold first, as well as removing products that are outdated, stale, or otherwise unacceptable to make available for sale
- Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on the store premises.
- Must have knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
Standing for extended periods of time.
Lifting up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis.
Frequently near moving machinery.
Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Processed Meat Manager is an hourly position that is full-time. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.