ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates and reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to store associates.
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by associates and conducts progressive disciplinary actions with associates when necessary
- Answers questions and provides guidance to guests and associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the store during assigned shift.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Department Managers, and associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Oversees sanitation within the store during assigned shift.
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for throughout the store
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities.
- Responsible for quality control during assigned shift. Helps ensure product safety and freshness. Must make sure customers receive the products and services they order. The Shift Manager I is responsible for reporting any issues or quality defects to the Department Managers.
- The Shift Manager I must make sure the workplace is safe and clean during assigned shift. This includes reviewing and enforcing all Occupational Safety standards and policies. The Shift Manager I is responsible for completing and filing all incident reports and accident reports and reporting all violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and associates.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies, including proper lifting techniques and box cutter safety.
- Ability to use the following equipment: forklift, harness, power jack, walk behind lift, WAV, baler, compactor.
- Must be available to work until close (10pm) at least one night per week.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- The associate must have full range of upper body motion in order to lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the associate to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
The Shift Manager I is a part-time hourly position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries; we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.