ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Wine and Spirits associates.
- Assists with hiring and training of new department associates
- Finalizes and approves weekly work schedule for associates
- Assists with performance reviews of associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by associates and conducts appropriate corrective action, up to and including termination
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all Wine and Spirits department associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Wine and Spirits department.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively vendors, Wine and Spirits Manager, and Wine and Spirits associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Checks out customer purchases on a cash register
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Develops associates to prepare for advancement opportunities.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to sample products sold in the wine and spirits department.
- Understands being in a leadership role and how to motivate a team of individuals.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business and wine and spirits department operations is strongly preferred.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Ability to make timely and effective decisions in the absence of the Wine and Spirits Department Manager.
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, pallet jack, trash compactor, proper lifting techniques, and proper scanning techniques.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly.
- Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the employee to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Working conditions consist of occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Wine and Spirits Assistant Manager is a full-time hourly position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.