ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for on or off the sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received, if in need further assistance, bring concern to Wine & Spirits Manager
- Assist in ensuring all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Dust shelves and face merchandise when necessary
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to sample products sold in the wine and spirits department.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: hand jack, baler, forklift, pallet jack, trash compactor, proper lifting techniques, and proper scanning techniques.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The employee must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly.
- Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the employee to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- The position requires the employee to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Working conditions consist of occasional exposure to extreme temperatures.
The Wine and Spirits Clerk II is an hourly position that is full-time. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.