ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for day-to-day catering operations, including food, beverage, and cafeteria services.
- Greet all guests, assist them in any way, and maintains standards of guest service established by The Marq
- Handle all customer concerns personally and directly
- Develops, maintains, and monitors catering.
- Attend department head and function sheet meetings to provide insight of problems and follow through with suggested changes
- Coordinate functions and any changes as compared to daily catering function sheets
- Analyze date and maintain operating procedures to achieve The Marq’s budgeted financial goals
- Devise and implement cost controls to assist with sales forecasting and labor control
- Perform inventory of banquet equipment and determine what should be repaired, replaced, and/or purchased
- Ensure the efficient operation of catering functions by coordinating and providing direction to catering associates
- Hire, terminate, schedule, coach, complete time-off requests, and perform development appraisals.
- Set up staff training program including: department orientation, teamwork concept, organization of equipment, organization of operational procedures, and emergency procedures
- Prepare all necessary reports and payroll sheets correctly and on time
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous supervisory, sales, and/or event coordination experience in hospitality operations
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and service styles
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written
- Maintain a polite, positive, and attentive attitude at all times
- Maintain a sanitary and orderly work area at all times
- Responsible for: cleanliness and organization of all storage areas and banquet rooms, maintenance and storage of banquet furniture, upkeep and care of all audio-visual equipment and set-up aids, organization and appearance of all banquet rooms, set up of outdoor functions
- Adhere to all of The Marq’s security procedures to ensure guest safety
- Prohibit conduct that would cause injury or danger to guests or staff members
- Be on the floor supervising when functions are in progress to ensure proper service and customer satisfaction
- Keep all food and beverage at proper temperature
- Ensures sufficient levels of stock and assists with ordering and inventory of bar products
- Report immediately all damages, lost or stolen property, misconduct of employees, and unhappy guests to the director of catering
- Maintain department to meet or exceed all state and local health regulations
- Proficient with a computer, additional POS and catering software experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Vision with or without the help of eyewear
- Sense of hearing required
- Ability to stand and walk for most of shift (walk approximately 10 miles per shift)
- Bend, stoop, reach, lift
- Lift & carry up to 60 pounds and push carts of up to 200 pounds
- May be outdoors to assist clients with materials or supplies, or to service an outdoor event
- Ability to serve tables when necessary
- High stress levels
- Often required to work rapidly within time constraints; must be able to change activities quickly and frequently
- Valid driver's license, with reputable record
- Math and calculator skills required
- Ability to become CPR & First Aid trained
- Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate
The Assistant Banquet and Catering Manager is a salaried position scheduled mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays. The Marq functions 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. All management and employees must acknowledge this and be aware that, at times, it may be necessary to move an employee from his/her accustomed shift as business demands.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.