ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides customer service to guests
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for on or off the sales floor
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received, if in need further assistance, bring concern to Deli Manager
- Watches over service case
- Quality control
- Makes sure products are rotated, using first in first out method
- Garnish product
- Makes sure case and everything around it is clean and tidy; no messes or spills
- Be sure to have “New Item” signs and change out signs if things are on sale to the correct price
- Inventory and Temperatures
- Take temperatures of everything regularly
- Fill cupboards with containers, lids, spoons, tags, etc.
- Required to maintain food safety logs.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Full range of upper body motion
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Deli Clerk II can be a part-time or full-time hourly position
- The shift to be worked will vary, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.