ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes ownership in order to take care of guest needs directly either by face-to-face, electronically, or telephone and responding to guest inquiries promptly
- Responds to guest inquiries regarding offers, promotions, and events
- Adopts the guidelines established by Festival to resolve the complaints from guest
- Accurately and efficiently process transactions and accurately maintain all cash and media at Service Counter registers
- Distributes cashier tills and partner with cashiers throughout the day to ensure associate and guest needs are being met
- Records details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken
- Provides guests with exchanges, refunds, discounts, coupons, or other offers related to their retail store account activity
- Performs guest verifications, processing orders, applications, forms, and requests
- Hands additional service, including but not limited to: DMV, Lottery, Rug Doctor, and ticket sales
- Directs unresolved issues and requests to the appropriate designated resource
- Contributes to the maintenance and development of standards, procedures and policies regarding guest service Support and execute superior guest service
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum availability must include 16 hours a week with a minimum of 8 hours per day during available days
Ability to process information/merchandise through register system
Ability to communicate with associates and guests
Ability to read, count, and write accurately
Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
Knowledge of wide range of goods and services of Festival
Ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously
Strong communication, interpersonal, and guest service skills
Should have sound practical judgment of priorities
Interest in helping and working with guests
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
The Service Counter Clerk is an hourly position that may be part-time or full-time. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.