ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Cashier and check out guests' items if wanted to purchase right away
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes special orders (fried chicken, wedges, mashed potatoes, etc.)
- Helps market products by demoing
- Scheduled on a daily basis
- May demo Signature Items, Stock-Ups, Surprise Buys, Salads, Spreads, Cheese, Dips, etc.
- May come from behind the counter to walk around with a tray of samples
- Keeps everything clean and tidy
- Entire case must be kept clean and organized
- Wipes down hot bar, salad bar, and wing and olive bar during slow periods
- Maintains and fills supplies
- Fills salad and hot bar containers when needed
- If running low, a list of inventory needed should be given to a deli manager
- Fills condiments and silverware
- Deli Cashier is not allowed to leave hot bar/salad bar island
- Assists Salad Bar and Hot Bar personnel
- Notify when stock level is low in all areas including soup, salad bar, hot bar, and the sandwich case
- May fill items as needed and when asked
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral communication skills
- Knowledge of perishable foods
- Must be neat and clean in appearance, friendly, and inviting
- Requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: knives, baler, trash compactor, burner, and shams
- Must be able to encourage guests in a sincere way to try a sample of one of our products
- Must understand cooking instructions and be able to communicate these easily with guests
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Stand in one place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Lifting up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis
- The Deli Cashier position is a part-time hourly position
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.