ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reinforces Festival culture, our guest service and performance expectations to all Front End associates
All Front End associates includes: Service Desk, Cashiers, Baggers, Cart Runners, and Tot Spot
Utilizes tools – ten tile evaluations, Coach’s Reminder Card, Cashier Daily, Cashier Reference Information Binders, Front End OPPS Manual, etc.
Oversees Front End activity to ensure a positive guest experience and team environment
Communicates department priorities to Front End team and delegates responsibilities
Writes and conduct huddle ups
Leads by example to ensure Front End operating procedures are known and adhered to, including but not limited to associate dress code, DYFET, CHANT, BOB, ten-tiling, proper bagging techniques, parcel pickup, You Bag/We Bag expectations, etc.
Ensures Front End cleanliness, maintenance, and sanitation
Directs guests into lanes, monitors BOB, unloads carts, answers questions, respond to lights, and completes overrides as needed
Presents themself as a manager, takes ownership of guest needs utilizing LAST
Acts in a professional manner at all times while projecting a cooperative and helpful attitude using discretion and tact
Conducts Front End operations
Determines where Front End staff is needed throughout the day and directs them to that location to maintain efficient Front End operations
Ensures proper staff levels by calling in additional staff to cover call-ins or additional business
Strictly enforces child labor laws relieving minor employees enabling them to clock out for breaks, lunches and at and the end of their shift as per labor law guidelines
Adjusts daily schedule to actual sales, items and guest projections to maintain 100% productivity
Communicates immediately with Shift Managers when assistance is required and when the CSR is on a lane
Opens additional lanes to accommodate business and guest traffic. CSRs will keep a cash drawer available for their own use at all times
Communicates tardiness and absences through effective use of CSR Shift Report
Holds associates accountable for non-compliance with Front End and store policies
Monitors cart levels and efficient cart running to ensure availability of all carts
Associate feedback and appreciation
Looks for opportunities to present Nice Going memos and stickers to deserving Front End associates
Treats all employees fairly and with the same respect and consideration you would like for yourself
Asks employees for their help on tasks, never dictate tasks or assignments
Leads by example
Remains cheerful and courteous setting the tone for the entire Front End
Adheres to dress code guidelines
Follows all store policies and procedures
Maintains sense of urgency to help guests and associates promptly
Willingness to assist where needed
Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Minimum availability must include 24 hours a week with a minimum of 6 hours per day during available days
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including an effective negotiation style
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple and constantly changing priorities
- Strong teamwork skills with the desire to train and educate others within the organization
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a stressful environment
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed
The Customer Service Rep is an hourly position that may be part-time or full-time. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.