ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Meat Department Manager and effectively leads the Meat Department in the absence of the Department Manager.
- Reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Meat associates
- Trains new Meat associates
- Develops key associates to take the next step in the company
- Assists Meat Manager write and conduct performance reviews of the Meat associates
- Delegates and oversees all tasks are being accomplished
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by all Meat associates and conducts the appropriate corrective action
- Answers all questions and provides guidance to all Meat associates
- Ensure all department standards are being met in the Meat department.
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels and ensures accurate pricing on products received and sold
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Store Director, Meat Director/Supervisor, and other Department Managers and Meat associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for on and off the sales floor
- Takes orders and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Addresses guest concerns and resolves issues when a guest is not satisfied with the service or product received
- Assists all department associates with daily responsibilities while leading by example.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed.
- Required to maintain food safety logs.
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues.
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understands being in a leadership role and how to motivate a team of individuals
- Must possess great oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of technology and the use of a computer
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Knowledge and understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premise
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis
- Frequently near moving machinery
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
The Meat Assistant Department Manager is a full time hourly position
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.