ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs tasks as delegated by the Meat Department Manager and effectively leads the department in the absence of the Department Manager, as well as assists the Meat Department Manager with important tasks.
- Reinforces Festival culture, customer service, and performance expectations to all Meat associates
- Assists in training new Sales/Service Clerks and Cleaners that work in the evenings
- Provides feedback to the Service Case Leader and Meat Manager regarding evening Meat associates' performance
- Answers questions and provides assistance to all Meat department associates
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by Meat associates and conducts appropriate corrective action
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the Meat department
- Observe sales floor, prep area, back room, cooler and freezer conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with Department Manager and other Meat Associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides customer service to guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Assists sales/service clerks with packaging, labeling, filling, rotating, and removing product while leading by example
- Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing, packaging, and any other items as needed
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on the store premises.
- Must have knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
- Must have WI Certified Food Manager License (Festival will pay in order to get certified if not)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Stand in place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Full range of upper body motion
- Lifting up to 80 pounds on an occasional basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- Frequently near moving machinery
- The Meat Evening Supervisor is a full-time hourly position.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.