ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reinforces Festival culture, guest service, and performance expectations to all bakers and fryers
- Trains new bakers and fryers
- Prepares weekly work schedule for bakers and fryers
- Documents violations of company policies/procedures by bakers and fryers; advises department manager on appropriate corrective action
- Answers questions and provides guidance to all bakery department associates
- Ensures all department standards are being met in the bakery department
- Observes sales floor and back stock conditions; takes action to correct areas of opportunity
- Communicates and works cooperatively with department manager and other bakery associates to maintain standards and exceed guest expectations
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Assists bakers and fryers with mixing, frying, baking, and/or decorating bakery products while leading by example
- Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing ingredients and other items as needed
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensures all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to handle a diverse crew in a highly stressful environment
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Must possess the ability to apply on-the-job safety training to recognize and react to possible safety hazards on store premises. Also requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: proper lifting techniques, trash compactor, and baler
- Knowledge of the retail food business, thorough knowledge of perishable department operations, merchandising skills, and must be able to make timely and effective decisions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis
- Frequently near moving machinery
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- Repetitive motion of hands and wrists
- Occasionally near hot grease
The Head Baker is a full-time hourly position. The work schedule will generally include mornings, afternoons, and weekends, with the flexibility to work evenings, overnight, and holidays as needed.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.