ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all meat production including cutting, trimming, grinding, wrapping, marinating, sausage making, etc.
- Increases sales by ensuring visually appealing products
- Reduces shrink by following production lists, recipes, following accurate trim standards, and minimizing waste
- Provides customer service to guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Taking special orders and other special requests and completing them in a timely manner
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette
- Maintains an adequate level of supplies in the Meat department by replenishing items as needed.
- Contributes to overall department goals and objectives by assisting other areas of the department as available and requested.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of perishable foods
- Requires proper training and knowledge of certain equipment and procedures needed to complete the job
- Qualified applicants must be over the age of 18
- Stand in one place for a long period of time, bend, stoop, and kneel regularly
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The Meat Cutter is an hourly position that may be part-time or full time.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.