ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent services to all guests
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for cakes and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists guests using proper phone etiquette
- Packages prepared products
- Reduces shrink by using the appropriate packaging and filling each package with the correct quantity of product
- Ensures accurate pricing by placing the corresponding price and ingredient labels on each package
- Fills, rotates, and removes products from the sales floor
- Identifies which products are at an unacceptable stock level and replenishes them with available supply
- Maintains freshness by filling newer products to the back/bottom of the display and ensuring that closer dated products are sold first, as well as removing products that are outdated, stale, or otherwise unacceptable to make available for sale
- Maintains adequate level of supplies by replenishing packaging and other items as needed
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Required to maintain food safety logs
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with guests and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time (80% of time)
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis (20% of time)
- Frequently near moving machinery (50% of time)
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures (20% of time)
The Bakery Clerk is an hourly position that is part-time. The work schedule may include mornings, afternoons, weekends, and holidays within the individual’s availability. A typical shift may begin at 3am.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back". We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.